Monday, April 7, 2008


Profound words to let sink in on a chilly Monday from the man Brennan Manning :)


The Good News means we can stop lying to ourselves. The sweet sound of Amazing Grace saves us from the necessity of self-deception. It keeps us from denying that though Christ was victorious, the battle with lust, greed, and pride still rages within us. As a sinner who has been redeemed, I can acknowledge that I am often unloving, irritable, angry, and resentful with those closest to me. When I go to church I can leave my white hat at home and admit I have failed. God not only loves me as I am, but also knows me as I am. Because of this I don't need to apply spiritual cosmetics to make myself presentable to Him. I can accept ownership of my poverty and powerlessness and neediness.


In Him,

Wyatt<><

1 comment:

miyakun said...

I had a look at it. This please come to play, too.
URL http://miyakunjapan1117.blogspot.com/